Job Title Assistant Manager / Manager – Accounts
Reports to Director
Job description • Combined office-based and client facing role
• Working on a diverse portfolio of clients including small and medium sized privately-owned limited companies, LLP’s, partnerships and sole traders.
- Ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise.
- Production of draft and management accounts with minimal outstanding queries for partner, for review in a timely and methodical manner.
- Draft Income tax / corporation tax computations.
- Manage general office-based day to day duties, as required including team management.
- Supporting Junior staff and review of their work
- Limited audit work
Job Objectives To produce accurate draft / final accounts with minimal outstanding queries together with liaising with clients to offer them advice and to manage a small team
Duties • Responsible for the preparation of accounts from client portfolio within specified budget timescale.
- Supervision of Semi-Senior and Junior staff, when providing additional support to Accounts Senior.
- Reviewing of files before final accounts reviewed by partner
- Managing a small team, including job allocation and resourcing
- Review of draft accounts (limited production)
- Review of VAT returns (limited preparation)
- Preparation of management accounts from time to time.
- Manage general office-based day to day duties, as required.
Qualifications and Essential
Experience • Must be Qualified ACA or ACCA working in practice
Required • Must have acquired the necessary skills/experience at a Senior level to meet the requirements of the role; able to work with minimum supervision and have a minimum of 5 years’ UK public practice as qualified candidate.
- Wide experience of accounts preparation.
- Up to date working knowledge of financial reporting, auditing standards, company law and a good basic knowledge of corporate and personal tax to enable draft tax computations to be prepared.
- Ability to work on multiple accounts simultaneously.
- Able to demonstrate wide experience and competency in full accounts production from basic
- Management of a small team of 5 plus
- Use of IRIS software
• Xero, QuickBooks and Microsoft excel
- Corporate Audit knowledge and experience.
Liaison There is extensive liaison with clients, junior members of staff and management.
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent