Group Parts Purchasing Manager
After a terrific opportunity to work with a specialist supplier, advance your career and make an impact?
Organised. Methodical. Economical. Experienced in all areas of Purchasing Management, with a keen eye for detail?
If this sounds familiar, then look no further.
We want to hear from you.
As Group Parts Purchasing Manager, your responsibilities will vary from handling all Purchasing and procurement related matters to ensuring the accuracy of daily stock levels.
Exceptional communication skills will stand you in good stead as you will be required to liaise regularly with external manufacturers and suppliers as well as Purchasing Department Operations and Departmental staff related to Purchasing requirements and issues.
This Group Parts Purchasing Manager position is within an established company operating in Avonmouth, specialised in dealing new and used equipment for numerous distinguished, marketing-leading brands.
This position is for 40 hours per week over 5 days per week and will require you to be working on-site.
The role offers an excellent salary and benefits package including 22 days holiday and life insurance policy commencing after 6 months. Salary is to be dependent upon experience.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be responsible for Parts Purchasing requirements
- Be responsible for the Purchasing Department Operations and Departmental staff
- Utilise the ERP system to generate accurate Purchase orders to be deployed amongst Group Companies and Warehouses
- Periodic Stock Replenishment
- Accurate lead time and due date updating within the ERP system
- Be pro-active in approach to reducing costs where possible
- Understand and develop systemised approach to importing goods with attention to system updates of Parts commodity code, country of origin and duties.
- Manipulation of ERP Planning engine to fine tune stock requirements
- Assess calls and demands daily to determine stock levels and factors
- Liaise with Manufacturers and suppliers to obtain data that allows maintenance of accurate pricing
- Liaise with Manufacturers and suppliers to make process improvements
- Liaise with Accounts departments to assist with any requirements
- Liaise with staff to resolve any Purchasing related issues
- Generate cycle counting Data for Warehouse departments to perform daily stock counts
- Be proactive in achieving 100% stock accuracy across the company
- Develop, improve, and maintain processes to ensure stock accuracy
- Integrate Manufacturer and Supplier returns policies into Part Return order processes
- Manage the raising of Generalised Purchase Orders ensuring that correct Company coding is maintained
- Create and demonstrate reporting data
- Utilise Reporting Data to drive the Purchasing Department objectives
- Be responsible for adhering to all Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- To carry out any other duties required by Line Manager
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent level of education in English, Maths and IT
- Must have a proficient level of experience in and/or be fully qualified in Microsoft applications – Excel, Word, and Power Point presentation
Experience required for the role:
- Must have an experienced back round of all areas of Purchasing Management
- Experience with System Planning Engines
- Must have experience of goods importing processes