Grade – Senior Manager (M2)
Location – Midlands
Reporting to – National Finance Director
Purpose of the role:
- To provide professional, reliable, supportive, proactive, forward looking and trusted finance advice to the Finance Director and the partnership.
- To ensure that effective systems are developed and maintained in order to provide budgets, management information, cash flow forecasts and accounts.
- To ensure that management information deadlines are consistently met.
- To prepare partner current account, tax and capital information, ensuring that it is accurate and up to date.
- To work with the firm’s tax specialists to produce the LLP’s tax computation and supporting schedules.
Taxation & Distributions:
- To manage the preparation of the firm’s distribution accounts and payments of profit and other current account distributions to the partners.
- Working with the personal tax team, responsible for drafting the firm’s income tax accounts and capital allowances.
- To be responsible for preparing the partners’ draft tax computations.
- To be responsible for the partners’ tax and national insurance payments to HMRC.
- To be responsible for the calculation and payment of the partners’ profit shares and drawings.
- To be responsible for overseeing the partners’ car scheme.
- Working with the corporate tax team, responsible for the calculation and payment of the corporation tax of the LLP’s subsidiaries.
- To be responsible for the preparation and payment of the firm’s VAT, and to deal with the HMRC regarding any enquiries.
- To be responsible for the preparation and submission of all benefit in kind and PSA matters to HMRC and dealing with any enquiries.
Management Accounting Information:
- To ensure that regular consolidated management reports are prepared and issued to the Finance Partner, the Chief Executive, the National Executive, the Partners and the firm’s bankers on a timely monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- To provide timely high level financial analysis and benchmarking to allow proactive business management and full understanding of business trends within the Firm by its Executive.
- To scrutinise actual results performance against approved budgets, forecast etc., including challenging the results, and advising the Executive on the implications of variances, together with appropriate analysis and commentary on the results, at all levels including the national support functions of Finance, Marketing, Technology and HR.
- To make suggestions for improved business management processes if required.
- To consider on-going improvements for financial reporting to ensure management information is both accurate and accessible for business management purposes.
- To maintain oversight of budgetary control of overheads and national costs and analyse and suggest corrective action if required with budget holders.
- To provide ad hoc financial analysis and reports on request.
- To review continually the adequacy of the financial systems to provide accurate and timely management information and to ensure that the systems are developed to enhance the quality and timeliness of financial reporting, and to ensure that structural changes in the group are catered for as far as possible within the systems reporting structure.
- To manage and monitor the firm’s daily cash position and to ensure that balances are maintained within the available facility limits held with Barclays and Coutts and to ensure that all relevant bank covenants are met.
- To produce a rolling cash flow on a monthly basis which maps cash against facilities and bank covenants, with ad hoc updates of the Firm’s cash position mid-month. To advise the Finance Director of the implications of major variances from forecast and propose possible corrective action
- To manage the internet bank payment processing facility and ensure it is technically up to date and relevant to the firms needs and all users are trained on its use.
- To manage the identity and level of users authorised to access the firm’s bank accounts.
- To manage the process of producing the firm’s annual budget to a timetable, including preparing the group consolidated budget.
- To review continually the budget process and make recommendations to improve the process.
- To be responsible for the firm’s general insurance including employer’s liability, public liability and business interruption.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Energetic, credible and hands on with a can-do attitude this person will be responsible for detailed reporting, analysis and commercial insight at a senior level.
- Strong and up to date knowledge of IT systems and process management.
- Strong, robust personality who can ensure that internal controls are in place and adhered to.
- Ability to prioritise work and work well under pressure.
- Worked in or has extensive knowledge of Professional Service firms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- ACA or equivalent
- Professional accountancy trained/graduate