Information on the company:
Our client is a successful real estate agency offering a vast range of properties in principally across the Midlands however the UK as a Whole. With over 50 years of experience they help customers to find the perfect property, liaise with solicitors and keep them updated right up until the move in date.
Our client, based in Birmingham, is looking to recruit an experienced Service Charge Accountant to join their Finance Team. The role will report into the Finance Manager. Applicants will need to have all round Service Charge accounts & finance experience. Salary £28,000 – £30,000 commensurate with experience
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and a fantastic work environment.
- Prepare income and expenditure reports and associated documents to be sent to external accountant for preparation of service charge accounts.
- Liaise with external accountant to resolve queries.
- Take ownership for ensuring year end service charge accounts are completed on time.
- Assist Property Manager with budget reviews.
- Raise periodic service charge demands and ad hoc recharges to tenants.
- Liaise with external parties including clients, tenants, suppliers to resolve queries.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Assist with collection of service charge arrears.
- Prepare client reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist with setting up new properties on the system and handovers.
- Ad hoc projects within the Accounts team.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Production of Full Draft Service Charge Accounts.
- Responsible for managing the financial side of a portfolio.
- Liaising with Property Managers and Internal Accountants.
- Attending daytime and evening meetings with clients, RMC’s and residential associations.
- Training and supervising junior members of service charge staff within the team.
- Producing client monthly, quarterly and annual management reports (cash flow, budgeting, expenditure, Balance Sheet / Profit & Loss)
- Dealing with client and lessee queries relating to accounts produced.
- Tax Audit by the HMRC and NRL (Non-Resident Landlord Scheme)
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of working within service charges essential.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Previous experience of using Qube is desirable.
- Able to work in a team and assist colleagues when required
- AAT Essential / ACCA desirable
If you are a ‘Hands On’ Service Charge Accountant looking for a new challenge with a forward thinking company that will provide you with a steady and stable career with a view to be promoted within 2 years then please call for more information and to discuss the role in confidence, or please apply below.